Supporting Newham & Local Communities with Outreach and Voluntary work
Indiadances offers FREE / Subsidised Workshops to support local Communities with well being, mindfulness, and cultural arts programmes.
Over 15 years, Ruby and her team have worked passionately to enrich the neighbourhoods we live in. Newham is one of the main boroughs Indiadances supports. We work with a registered charity in Newham; Skills Enterprise, where we offer discounted workshops to the community Inspiring positivity, vibrancy and hope into the lives of vulnerable, elderly and disadvantaged members of the public. These workshops are free for all Newham residents.
Indiadances collaborates and supports Skills Enterprise. Supporting Newham residents to learn new skills, improve their health and wellbeing, find employment and develop the confidence to achieve their goals and transform their lives.
- 2020 – 2021 – Current Redbridge Happy Minds
- 2021 – Current – Newham Skills Enterprise to support disabled and ethnic minority groups
- 2020 – Soka Gakkai International UK
- 2020 – Free on-line Zoom sessions for adults and children.
- 2019 – 2018 – The Kenneth Moore Theater, Ilford
- 2018 – The Summer Dance Bonanza, Brokley
- 2019 – 2018 – The Ilford Ursuiline Prepatory School
- 2011 – Indian dance to treat Diabetes, Newham
- 2011 – The Sri Lanka Association, Newhan
- 2011 – The Bhavan Home of Indian Arts, Hammersmith
- 2010 – Newham Warm Centres
- 2010 – The Redbridge Institute
- 2008 – Bharatnatyam Fusion, The Nehru Centre
- 2006 – Present – Morley College
- 2006 – Present – Shamma Dance
- 2005 – Greenwich Community College
- 2005 Newham Homes – dance performance project in Stratford
Newham Diwali Project Working with children –
Creating Diwali Rangoli’s for the local community with home-made Asian Sweets
Home-made Asian Sweets with Chai
Redbridge Happy Minds Coffee / Chai
Meeting – Supporting the local community
Weekly Zoom Support Group
FREE Kids Art & Poetry Workshops over Zoom