12 Week Dance Fusion Online Course starts in September
In line with Government Guidelines, Classes will be taught Online via Zoom.
|Dates||September 2021 (TBC)|
|When & Where||Zoom – every Fridays 5:30pm – 6:30pm|
|Participants||Minimum Age 6 +|
|Fees & |
How to Pay
|Full Fee: £144|
Concession: £120 Early Bird Payment to be made by 26th March (payment 2 weeks beforehand)
*Refer a friend / family discount half price- Applicable if two people enrol together, second applicant entitled to half price of Full Fee
Pay as you go (drop in): £15 per class
Enrolment Payment: Please call 07956 350 569 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to enrol
This course will cover the basic movement patterns, harmonious, expressional and rhythmic vocabulary of Indian Music-and Dance both Classical and Contemporary Bollywood. Focusing on Mindfulness of balance, posture, stamina and co-ordination and a variety of movements enriched with Indian music, the training will give an access into the appreciation of Classical Indian Music and Asian arts. Poetry recitation, and simple singing / vocals will be included in the teaching to enhance learning and confidence. A small introduction on Mindful Dancing will be explored helping students to gain greater awareness and presence in their practice.
About the Course
This course is a unique blend of Indian Classical Kathak dance with modern Contemporary and Indian folk dance. The course will help develop stamina, core stability, strength and confidence in dance. A basic level of fitness is required to be able to undertake continuous exercise for about an hour with a short break for stretching and a drink of water. The dancers are required to dance bare feet. Photography and film recording of class activities may be used to aid learning and the images may be used for publicity and marketing both online and print. You will have the opportunity to confirm or decline consent to being filmed or photographed.
- Learning, engaging, participating and practicing set patterns and sequences of movements
- Have the opportunity to contribute to ideas and movements for inclusion through video clips, audio recordings
- Being prepared to do some work at home for digital recordings- clapping rhythm, singing the vocals to music to enhance learning
- Study can include the use of digital resources such as film, & photography, websites and connection with online communities of interest via social media to enhance learning.
- Dance study offers a range of benefits including being an enjoyable way to increase fitness whilst learning a new skill and increasing wellbeing. It can improve concentration, physical dexterity and confidence.
- An introduction to basic Yoga, meditation, warm up and cool down will be covered.
Clothes that allow ease of movement. Females to tie long hair back. Shalwar Kameez for females and kurta for males will enhance the spirit of this beautiful and graceful dance form, a bottle of water and a note-pad and pen.
Adjustments will be made to the movements to meet particular physical or learning needs.